Primary Job Purpose
The Technical Program Manager
I is part of the core to successful execution of cutting edge technology solutions that drive our consumer experiences and exceed their expectations. As a key member of a service or product team, they are charged with end-to-end ownership over service or product development to enable highly scalable and quality solutions. They have strong communication skills, a desire to innovate, strong user experience empathy, an ability to dive deep into technical solutions, and a background in managing the entire software delivery life cycle to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.General Functions and Outcomes
- Deliver products or solutions that meet users, business and stakeholder needs without sacrificing quality
- Create, maintain, and communicate roadmap for services or product owned by team
- Ensures strategic initiatives are prioritized and escalates as needed when priorities conflict
- Take ownership in solution and always reflect on how to provide long-term value to the organization as a whole
- Drive user story review, and clarification sessions with teams to deliver maximum value with available time constraints and resources
- Rationalize technical requirements and business priorities in cross-functional teams
- Works closely with Development Manager to understand architecture.
- Manage work efforts and communications to ensure on-time quality delivery.
- Define direction / roadmap (short and long term).
- Serves as the interface between team and stakeholders.
- Creates User Stories and Tasks for team and prioritizes and grooms backlog.
- Coordinates support escalation.
- Proactively recommends courses of action to maintain delivery lifecycle, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensures documentation clear, concise, easy to find, and consumable
- Ensures quality and security are never after thoughts and are embedded within all processes.
- Reports on key performance indicators and overall health of solution
- Drives delivery and outcomes through effective planning, task definition, scope management, cross team coordination, removing impediments, gathering feedback, protecting timeline, continual improvement, and stakeholder communication; accountable for the quality and timeliness of all defined and agreed to deliverables, and for escalation and transparency for progressing to goals.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Proven experience managing full life-cycle projects or programs of an increasingly large and complex scale in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience working with key stakeholders to collect business requirements as well as working with Product Managers to collect users\ requirements and translating into technical requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communications with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization, including: facilitation, listening, and motivating stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience acting as Scrum Master, and utilizing Agile best practices.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with developers and key stakeholders to deliver products or solutions.
- Knows how to prioritize user stories and acceptance criteria, gathering regular feedback, protecting timeline, and keeping backlog groomed.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- Prior experience as a software developer preferred.
The Technical Program Manager
would have a Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 5 years of technical program management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.
Preference may be given to candidates with Scrum Master CertificationWork Environment
- No unusual working conditions
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Travel may be required, either locally or out of state
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please emailCambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com