US-WI-Madison | US-UT-Salt Lake City | US-Remote
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The software engineer will be integral to the design and development of software for Exact Sciences. An engineer creates, tests, and evaluates software applications and systems to make computers function according to specific requirements. This person must be able to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to deliver software products to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Design and develop software.
* Test software applications and systems.
* Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
* Analyze users' needs.
* Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
* Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
* Convert instructions into computer languages.
* Construct, deploy, and maintain general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
* Develop packaged computer applications.
* Create customized applications for Exact Sciences business units.
* Develop databases.
* Coordinate the construction and maintenance of computer systems.
* Coordinate department needs and make suggestions regarding its technical direction.
* Set up organization's intranets.
* Design and implement system security and data assurance.
* Configure, implement, and install the computer systems of other organizations.
* Identify and explain needed changes.
* Ensure security across systems being configured.
* Able to organize and maintain flexibility.
* Provide support and guidance for peer programmers.
* Design R&D prototyping.
* Work collaboratively with software testers.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
* Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
* Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer sciences, Engineering, Sciences; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
* 3+ years of work experience with design capabilities using modern technologies.
* 2+ years proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
* 2+ years of experience with test-driven development.
* 6+ months of experience designing interactive applications.
* 6+ months of experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC).
* Proficient in all MS Office applications including Excel and Word.
* Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.