Technical Support Engineer II Location: Salt Lake City, UT The Technical Support Engineer II provides advanced technical assistance to our customers' technical support and IT staff of customers who support our suite of contact center software solutions. Our solutions utilize complex technologies and the associated issues require deep technical knowledge and excellent problem-solving skills to resolve. You will provide professional business-to-business customer service, with awareness of the critical nature of these solutions to our customers who are using them. Using best practices in troubleshooting, communication and problem resolution, you will ensure that any reported issues as well as issues that you anticipate are resolved in an efficient and effective manner. These interactions must leave customers feeling impressed with how we handle things when they encounter issues with our products. You will work closely with other technical support engineers and with colleagues across the company to collaborate on behalf of the customer and will accelerate issues toward timely resolution and provide the customer with timely and complete communication along the way. As a subject matter expert, you will mentor other Technical Support Engineers as well as collaborate and consult with your peers within your subject matter expertise area. You will model excellence in all facets of your work and help other Technical Support Engineers to be successful by mentoring and coaching.
- Any issue with our software that impairs the operation of a customer's contact center has significant financial ramifications for them. Our ability to restore service, improve their understanding, and resolve chronic issues will greatly increase the value they receive from our solutions and will reduce financial risk when they experience problems.
- Demonstrate deep subject matter expertise in our core technologies, as well as at least one other technology specialty, and develop expertise in a second area of specialty
- Provide advanced technical support to customers via phone, online, chat, and email and use tools and advanced expertise to pull and effectively analyze logs, traces, packet captures, etc. to determine root cause of issues
- Demonstrate professional, assertive, articulate, and friendly verbal and written communication in all aspects of your work.
- Take full ownership of all communication needs related to the management of troubleshooting efforts internally and externally, building confidence across all customers and stakeholders that we are progressing properly towards resolution.
- Effectively mentor colleagues on their communication, troubleshooting, process, product knowledge and case work.
- Encourage productive debate and discussion with colleagues to more thoroughly analyze and resolve problems
- Be influential in improving procedures and processes that improve our efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that each case that you own is progressing according to the response and resolution targets as specified in our Service Level Agreements (SLA). Assist colleagues in accelerating their cases toward timely resolution
- Provide root cause correction, not just symptom relief. Ensure that all facets of the problem are evaluated to eliminate recurrence of the issue. Exemplify tenacity in resolving core issues that fully resolve problems, and assist peers in doing the same
- Proactively manage personally assigned and cases from the queue based upon severity and priority of each issue and your skills and ability to resolve
- Open and monitor incidents created with 3rd party providers. Work with other internal stakeholders to improve our interactions and success in handling these incidents
- Obtain and maintain certification as a Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) Publisher, create useful knowledge content, and update existing knowledgebase articles using KCS methodology. Provide coaching to others on KCS best practices
- Identify, document, and report issues with software, design, reliability, and maintenance issues to the proper teams, ensuring that they are aware of and are addressing customer expectations. Gather, validate, and document all pertinent details related to an issue believed to be a bug to enable the receiving R&D resource to easily and rapidly duplicate the issue. Work with R&D as needed during isolation, correction, and implementation of any delivered resolution
- Develop and maintain consistent and exemplary performance on all key performance indicators, modeling a higher-level achievement for level 1 Technical Support Engineers as well as your peers at the same job level
- Properly de-escalate customers through expert communication and resource engagement, ensuring that all customers that you influence are receiving excellent service. Expected to handle more complex and escalated cases.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of networking technologies and how they are utilized by our products, platform and customers. Expert at reading and analyzing network and other technical diagrams to aid in problem diagnosis and resolution, and often provide mentoring to colleagues to improve their technical abilities
- Provide training to colleagues in real time as you perform your work and assist them in being successful in their roles. Develop training materials, best practice documentation, and other resources that will help others, including customers, to be more successful with our products
- While a consistent work schedule is the norm, the ability to work a flexible schedule and provide on-call services is needed from time to time
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and you will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor and other management as required. We may revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Networking or similar field, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years' work experience in a technical support capacity supporting Internet Service Providers, networks, and/or Business Software
- Minimum of three years of experience working with and advanced knowledge in at least one of these technologies: Contact Center Software, Telecommunications, Computer Networking, Programming and Integrations. Specific technologies include but are not limited to:
- ACD/IVR, Workforce Management, Screen Recording, Analytics, Quality Management, Reporting, Outbound Dialer, etc.
- SONUS, WebRTC, SIP, LCR, VBR, PSTN, VoIP, Dedicated circuits (T1, DS3, MPLS, etc.), Dialer best practices, PBX, Carrier interactions, OC-X, 1+ and toll-free services
- Ethernet hardware, load balancers, proxies, firewalls routers, gateways. Protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, RTP, VPNs, DNS, SMTP, UDP, TCP, IP, and ARP
- Relational Databases such as MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB. REST API's, SOAP API's, Scripting Logic Development, Log based fault isolation,
- C based languages, XML, JSON, etc. Browser software including IE, Chrome and developer tools
- CRM software such as Salesforce
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills for diverse issues in high-pressure, complex, multi-platform/system/vendor environments
- Superior knowledge of contact center management concepts such as scheduling, performance measures and management, reporting, quality assurance methods, analytics, etc.
- Excellent professional, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to capture all details in written form fluidly during conversations. Communication is assertive, articulate, and friendly while building confidence across all stakeholders you work with
- Time management skills that allow you to work in a highly influential manner in an interrupt-driven environment. Ability to multi-task and maintain professional composure during stressful situations, prioritizing your activities appropriately
- Proven ability to utilize, create and update knowledgebase resources in the course of your work
- Proven ability to drive escalated customer problems to resolution utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Ability to communicate effectively across all company teams such as Product Management, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Professional Services and Executive/Senior Management teams to resolve technical issues
- Industry experience including understanding of the contact center business, as well as general market and business trends
- Understanding of networking technologies and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, VoIP, SIP IP Routing)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a larger team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment with assertiveness, critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, think on your feet, communicate positively and work proactively
- Management and leadership experience in a technology company
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone CXone, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity