Job Title: Software Engineer III
Type: Full time, Exempt
Reports to:Sr. Manager, Software Development
Supervisory: Individual contributor role
Forcepoint is one of the world's largest private cybersecurity companies. We are looking for a hardworking and knowledgeable Software Engineer III to join our geographically distributed team where we build best-in-class cyber security products primarily focused in behavioral analytics. As a member of our growing team, you will help design and develop technology solutions that are scalable, meaningful, and critical to our company's success. If you have an interest in cybersecurity and are passionate about building cutting edge enterprise software, then this is the development role for you. You will be working in an Agile environment, contributing with your ideas, code, testing, and planning skills.
What will you be doing?
* Working collaboratively with other software engineers, product managers, project managers and quality assurance engineers to deliver scalable, lasting, Linux-based server technology solutions
* Researching, designing, developing, documenting, analyzing, testing, debugging and integrating capabilities into new and existing applications
* Verifying product features are thoroughly implemented, ensuring all requirements are met, using robust technical solutions and only the highest quality coding standards
* Remaining up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments and actively sharing that knowledge with other team members
* Participate in engineering level 3 off-hours support rotation (~1 week every 2 months) which gets involved in only the most-severe customer issues which means "not very often"
What experience(s), knowledge, and education we are looking for:
* U.S. Person Required
* BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent work experience
* Enterprise development experience with OOP, modular code development, design patterns, and multi-threading
* Practical experience developing multi-tier web-based applications
* 5+ years of professional experience in Java Server backend and API/Service development
* 5+ years building web applications with modern front-end UI technologies like Angular, React and Bootstrap
* Experience using Relational Database Management Systems, preferably Postgres
* Solid demonstrable experience authoring and maintaining scripts in multiple languages on multiple platform types. Examples: Bash, Python, Powershell
* Experience using Git for source control management
* Strong desire to learn new skills and tools as needed
* Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements
* Expected to work independently with minimal supervision
Things that would be Nice to Have:
* Experience using NoSql Database Technology, preferably Elasticsearch
* Experience with data streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka & RabbitMQ
* Experience with analytics engine platforms such as Apache Spark
* Experience with cloud platforms & native technologies such as AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Knowledge of system security including current threats, vulnerabilities, mitigation techniques and practices
We are mission driven.
We are passionate about our mission because our solutions protect businesses, critical infrastructures, and governments around the world.
Find out more about Forcepoint's Mission, Vision, and Values at and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Find us on social at #forcepoint... For full info follow application link.
"Forcepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.