Are you looking for a challenging, fast paced opportunity and wanting to take your career in healthcare IT to the next level? Waystar is seeking an Associate Product Manager who will work within the Product team. This position will assist with the product strategy and priorities including enhancing existing solutions and the development of new initiatives based on the needs of customers and prospects in the healthcare revenue cycle space. We're looking for someone who possesses a blend of business and technical savvy; has a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
The Associate Product Manager will be communicating across all departments within Waystar, including a team of developers and analysts to define product requirements. In addition, this position will partner with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, help them understand the product positioning, identify key benefits, and target customers. Finally, the Associate Product Manager will serve as the internal evangelist for their products, working with sales reps and key customers.What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Analyzing various product inputs, customer requirements, designing solution architectures and developing the business case for new product development
- Preparing software design plans including product specifications, use case documentation and user interface wireframes (both independently and with assistance from our User Experience team)
- Studying healthcare industry standards and staying up-to-date on industry changes and compliance issues
- Gathering inspiration and ideas by visiting customers regularly and reviewing software and other products that solve similar problems in other domains
- Working closely with internal and external resources to define system requirements that meet changing market needs and ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
- Working with your Director of Product Management by maintaining the feature backlog, and coordinating releases with technical teams
- Relevant job experience of 2 years or more
- BS/BA degree or equivalent practical experience preferred
- Understanding of the revenue cycle, billing, and back office processes a plus
- Creative thinker who comes up with innovative ideas and solutions
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference
- Proficient in driving for results
- Balances shifting priorities in an agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks; able to determine urgency and priorities
Waystarprovides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments.Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visitwaystar.comor follow@Waystaron Twitter.