Description of Company
Barr is a consulting company that integrates engineering and environmental expertise to help clients develop, manage, process, and restore natural resources across North America and around the world. We have been employee owned since 1966 and trace our origins to the early 1900s. Today, we have over 900 employees across the U.S and Canada who work with clients in the mining, power, fuels, public, and manufacturing sectors, as well as attorneys, developers, and others with complex problems.
Why Choose Barr?
If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Barr is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer mentor and coaching programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers, along with opportunities for volunteering and community involvement.
The person in this position will work on multidisciplinary project teams providing electrical engineering and related technical expertise. Work will include integrating process, mechanical, and control requirements into comprehensive electrical systems. Projects will focus on design and analysis and will include preparing plans and specifications, writing reports, and developing cost estimations, and will include design of power and controls from the ground up. The work will be related to industrial processing facilities, power plants, mining facilities, and municipal water and wastewater facilities. The person in this position will also be responsible for the management of projects, coaching and mentoring less-experienced staff, providing technical leadership, and team management to meet clients' needs. The work may at times involve short-term out-of-town assignments
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering with academic coursework focused on power or control systems
* At least 5 years of related experience working in a design capacity on projects directly related to job responsibilities described above at a consulting engineering or industrial organization
* Knowledge and experience with industrial manufacturing processes such as power plants, petroleum refining, mining and/or minerals processing or chemical production facilities
* Working knowledge of codes, standards, laws, and regulations applicable to the project assignments described above
* Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
* Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with team members in a high-energy working environment that encourages self-initiative
* A flexible working style and a willingness to modify personal schedules as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
* Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain within one year
* Acceptable driving record
* 10+ years of related experience
* Demonstrated project organization and management skills
* Client-relationship and business-development skills
* Experience with AutoCAD
* Experience with SKM Power Tools or E-Tap software for coordination and arc flash studies
* Experience with Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming software
* Experience with start-up/commissioning of industrial projects
NOTE: Some work locations may feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and may also require entering and working within facilities... For full info follow application link.
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.