About this role
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual that has a passion for technology and excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment. Someone who wants to be a part of an energetic team with a passion for building innovative software products with a collaborative upbeat work ethic where you have ownership over a part of each release.
This role will be on the Platform and Architecture team. Working directly with the Principal's and Architects to refactor the existing monolithic applications to a modern SaaS application. This role will be directly responsible to help shape the future cloud architecture of our application.
In this role you will:
* Write well designed, clean, efficient code backed by unit tests.
* Contribute to and follow best practice coding standards.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same.
* Individual with enthusiasm to learn new tools, technologies & processes.
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of core Java language and Frameworks.
* Strong object-oriented programming, design and architecture experience in Java.
* Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documentation and implementing software best practices.
* Optimize backend services to maximize speed and scale, with a primary focus on back end development.
* Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into daily activities.
* Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
* Expected to be an active participant on the Agile team, with daily scrum meetings and other Agile ceremonies.
* Good analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically
* Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
* Accountable for the successful launch and delivery of new, key Accela Product Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments activities.
* Gain in depth functional and architectural knowledge of the Accela Application
You should have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
* Minimum 7+ years of experience in developing enterprise applications using enterprise Java and has worked both on Web and Server side technologies.
* A strong Java Backend Developer with Core Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST Web-services.
* Expertise in Java Unit Testing Frameworks and tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
* Expertise in Jmeter; Knowledge of other industry standard performance tools such as Loadrunner, httperf etc is a plus.
* Extensive experience in architecting and measuring application performance of complex SaaS product environments.
* As a Senior developer, must be comfortable switching tasks between Web Services, APIs, Batch Job engine or Web Development.
* Passionate Java developer who is also a problem solver and has a very good understanding of core and advanced Java concepts.
* Good understanding of database and data fundamentals in SQL Server 2019, Oracle and NoSql databases.
* Good understanding of Web Service concepts and experience building RESTful services is required.
* Experience with Containerization and Azure Cloud is a plus.
Who we are
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has... For full info follow application link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.