Junior Scrum Master - Operations Engineering
US-UT-Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Global Markets, Operations Engineers build highly-scalable, low-touch systems that enable the sales and trading activities of Goldman Sachs across all asset classes (fixed income, equities, currencies and commodities). Our systems are critical for the accurate and timely processing of transactions worth hundreds of billions of dollars every day. As part of our global teams, you will work with Engineers as well as with Operations and other professionals in a fast-paced environment to bring your skills to bear on the challenges and opportunities of the businesses and clients of Goldman Sachs. As a VP-level Scrum Master, you will work with delivery teams to drive change at multiple levels, and coach the teams to become high performing teams that consistently deliver customer value.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping.
* Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs
* Serve as teams' or programs' information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
* Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level.
* Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
* Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
* Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
* Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.
* Track and remove impediments.
* Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach to higher levels of maturity
* Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
* Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 5 years' experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
* Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
* Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
* Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
* 3 years of... For full info follow application link.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.