Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to join our Information Systems department for our Minneapolis, Denver, Salt Lake City, or Seattle office. In this role, you will participate in development, customization, and support of custom and purchased software applications. Under general supervision, your key responsibilities will include:
· Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software applications (both Web and non-Web based).
· Carry out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements.
Business Process Definition
· Participate in the definition of the business process for systems through analysis, design and simulation.
· Design, implement, and maintain complex databases with respect to SQL, stored procedures, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
· Assist with issues with production systems as they arise throughout the day. Provide off hours on call support as Information Services needs and technologies dictate.
What we’re looking for:
· Two year post-secondary education, Associate’s degree, or equivalent.
· At least 5 years of overall IS work experience.
· At least 5 years of experience as a development project team member.
· At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft.NET C# and ASP.Net development.
· At least 3 years HTML development.
· At least 3 years application use of SQL.
· At least 2 years defining/performing testing activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject, or work experience providing detailed knowledge of computer hardware, software, and network design and implementation practices.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. If a disability affects your ability to apply using our online system, please call 612-492-5178 to discuss reasonable accommodations in connection with your application. We are unable to accept application materials by mail or email.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners; a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).
The pay range for this position in Colorado only is an annual salary of $72,000 to $95,000.
Please note that Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in connection with this opening.