If you want to develop systems from the ground up, like working with cloud based technologies (most of the AWS), want to work with front-line system, and have a passion for other languages, then this is the job for you!
The Localization Platform team develops and maintains the tools and systems that deliver localized content to Amazon's customers in many languages around the globe. Our tools and services are used by all of Amazon's businesses, including AWS, Kindle and of course, the Amazon websites.
Developers on the Localization Platform Team use a variety of technologies including Java, Python, AWS, Node.js, and React. We work in a fun, fast-paced environment that provides the opportunity to work in all areas of our applications (backend, service, front-end). We build engaging user experiences on the front-end, and iterate at all levels of the stack to improve our architecture, scalability and developer experience. This role also offers opportunities for project management, leadership, and software design.
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience (or related technical discipline).
* Proficiency in Object-oriented Design skills and functional programming.
* Graduate degree a plus
* Preferred experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
* Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
* Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.