Our Information Security team provides the mission-critical functionality, availability, and security required by our customers, both internal and external. The Senior Security Engineer is a member of the Workiva Red Team. Possessing strong initiative and communication skills, knowledge of best security practices, and experience developing in a variety of environments and languages, the Senior Security Engineer performs software development, security assessment, vulnerability testing, and continuous security improvement methods to maintain a strong and ethical center for Workiva. At this level and above, expectation is that each individual will serve as representative of InfoSec and make building relationships a priority.
*We are open to 100% remote or one of our main office locations: Ames, IA; Bozeman, MT; Denver, CO; Scottsdale, AZ
* Tightly integrate with Research & Development teams to remedy security findings in a timely fashion
* Develop tools to assist with security and compliance tasks
* Perform continual vulnerability testing of web application, physical, network, and personnel security to identify weaknesses
* Guide remediation of vulnerabilities before they are discovered by external parties
* Act as an internal security consultant for development and architecture decisions
* Encourage a security-conscious culture among developers and information technology staff
* Guide remediation of vulnerabilities identified by external assessments or customers
Continuous Security Improvement
* Recommend new security controls to remedy vulnerabilities
* Integrate with Development teams to gather information regarding security problems, issues, and ideas
* Assist with developing and implementing Intrusion Detection System (IDS) rules and alerts
* Monitor IDS and other toolsets to identify potential security issues
* Triage and respond to incoming security events
What You'll Need
* Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
* Demonstrated capability to influence own team or beyond
* Demonstrated proficiency in a range of tools, language, or technologies; or a deep proficiency in a given area
* Demonstrated assertiveness and ability to form and defend technical opinions
* 5+ years of software coding experience in an object-oriented language (Python and/or Go a plus)
* 3+ years of vulnerability and penetration testing experience preferred
* Experience completing projects with minimal supervision
* Experience developing and tracking metrics related to performance of the InfoSec program
* Information security-related certification a plus
* Less than 15% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
* Most of the time is spent operating a computer with opportunity to move about, walking the location to interact with employees
* Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
* Base Pay Range in Colorado: $111,000 - $140,000
* A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
* Restricted Stock... For full info follow application link.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.