Defines, develops, modifies, tests, analyzes, and maintains software applications and information systems in support of business requirements. Advises IT leadership regarding systems performance and recommends improvements as needed. Writes code, tests, analyzes, and troubleshoots existing applications. Works with other Programmer Analysts, Database Administrator, and other Developers and Supervisor(s) to troubleshoot applications and maintain existing systems/n-tier products. Designs and implements relational databases. Develops business intelligence (BI) processes, data, interfaces, and interactivity to provide key performance indicators, dashboards, analytics, and decision support software. Analyzes user needs and reviews system specifications. Researches and documents user requirements. Designs, builds, and modifies software specifications as required to meet changing business requirements. Studies research on emerging application development software products, languages, methodologies, and standards in support of development efforts. Recommends and performs software improvements and upgrades. Modifies and maintains reports.
- More than seven (7) years programming experience.
- Must have advanced Cloud technologies experience, preferable Microsoft Azure, including messaging technologies like NSQ, RabbitMQ or preferable Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), serverless computing, configuration and management of cloud services.
- Must have developed very complex software programs from customer specifications to user sign-off.
- Must have experience designing, implementing, and assisting in maintaining complex relational databases, data models and data warehouses. Business Intelligence (BI) development and related technologies experience required.
- Must have experience working with Agile process frameworks (e.g. Scrum) and TDD.
- .Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS)/PowerBI or other report writer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ and SQL Management Studio or Azure Data Studio
- Scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell, Python, GoLang, etc.)
- Proficient with Git or similar version control system
- Optional knowledge of JD Edwards, Laserfiche, and/or Trapeze software
- Optional knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365
- DevOps tool such as Azure DevOps or JIRA/Jenkins with knowledge of YAML
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Customer service skills where application support, deployment and troubleshooting experience is required
- Communicate information and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Follow directions and programming standards according to department protocols
- Manage time, meet scheduled due dates and track the status of projects
- Prioritize tasks during multiple projects concurrently
- Must have the ability to work within a team and/or independently
- OR -
An equivalent combination or relevant education and experience.
Close Date: Open Until Filled