If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewBring your talent and skills to Motorola Solutions, as part of the Software Enterprise at the Salt Lake City Design Center.This software developer position will be a member of the team working onsoftwares (both on-premise enterprise grade software and cloud based solutions) for Public Safety Agencies. These products are required to rise to the challenges of enterprises and governments worldwide enabling first-responders to focus on their mission, allowing them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions.Job Description
We are seeking smart, self-motivated, well-rounded software engineers to help us design and deliver our next-generation, cloud-based solutions. Ideal candidates must excel at solving problems and seeking to improve processes in innovative ways. To be successful in this role you must value teamwork and communication as well as working closely with other engineers in small, dynamic, Agile teams. As a Software Engineer in this role you must be adept at learning new technologies quickly. This role will be responsible for the following and additional responsibilities assigned: designing, developing, and maintaining high-quality code for a robust public safety software package written in C# and .NET includes knowledge using object oriented coding and Azure platform capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design, develop, and maintain application software following established standards, procedures, and specifications.
* Implement approved changes to application software to maintain standards, correct problems, and to modify, develop or enhance functionality.
* Understand best practices for designing and implementing cloud-based solutions
* Organize and participate in software design and code reviews.
* Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design and implementation within time and cost constraints.
* Able to participate in group discussions by expressing thoughts and ideas clearly.
* Maintain an approachable demeanor and a positive can-do attitude.
* Collaborate designs with team members in order to find the solution that best fits the requirements.
* Consult with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
* This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and thereforerequires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
* Bachelor's Degree required (Computer Science, Engineering or related degree)
* 8+ years of experience
* Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Travel RequirementsNoneRelocation... For full info follow application link.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.