The Sr. Release Manager is a key member of the Release Management team at NICE inContact. This is a senior position that fills the pivotal role of driving and coordinating all software release activities to bring the company's industry-leading, customer interaction management platform to market.
The Sr. Release Manager is responsible for coordinating, driving, and delivering multiple simultaneous major, minor and hotfix releases to the inContact platform while enforcing release framework and governance. These leaders are responsible for ensuring Evidence of Releasability requirements are met with all company software releases. Having a deep understanding and ability to manage all change activities from planning to deployment will be keys to success.
The Sr. Release Manager will partner closely with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, engineering teams, internal stakeholders and technology partners to continually improve software release processes while driving automation to deliver high-quality releases that meet inContact's 99.99% uptime SLA.
1. Collaborate and lead cross-functional groups to drive the end-to-end deployment process for inContact releases. This includes project planning, managing schedules, milestones, and coordinating activities to deliver software releases to the inContact cloud platform
2. Ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality, enterprise SaaS releases
3. Collaborate with Product Operations to manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
4. Lead cross-functional teams to support releases of varying size & complexity. Cross-functional teams encompass: R&D Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Marketing, Documentation, Training, Operations, and Support & Service Delivery
5. As the head of the Release Team, the Cloud Release Manager provides technical support to software developers and business unit personnel in executing and managing test and deployment processes and establishes the environments used to conduct testing of the final deliverables
6. Collaborate with Product Operations to facilitate early customer access programs (aka Beta)
7. Implement and model release management best practices consistent with an agile development and release methodology.
8. Manage R&D change control processes
9. Facilitate ITIL Problem and Change Management processes to guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur, and improve processes accordingly
10. Provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments
11. Communicate plans, milestones and status, and escalate issues as required
12. Serve as a leader and mentor to other Release Managers and Engineers
13. Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times
14. Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required.
6+ years of experience holding a key role in the software development lifecycle including managing multiple concurrent software releases.
4+ years of Project Management experience
Knowledge of software applications and systems implementations and full expert with systems development life cycle processes.
Experience working with end-users, and internal cross teams to prioritize and scope scheduled releases with completion dates for each phase.
Experience working in a large, standards-based corporate environment where the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure is important.
Proven ability to receive, interpret and communicate information to all levels of the organization.
Analytical with keen attention to detail is a must.
Exceptional communication, collaboration and facilitation skills.
Excellent understanding of testing and quality assurance (ability to conduct critical review of releases, Provide guidance, and take action where necessary).
Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies such as applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity.
Experience in Configuration Management, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment is desirable.
Experience leading release efforts in enterprise SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS
Experience presenting to and gaining consensus with executive audiences
ITIL Certification preferred
Prior technical and application development or testing experience is desirable.
Experience working with third party infrastructure suppliers
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity