Application Operations Engineer II Location: Salt Lake City, UT The Application Operations Engineer II works as an operational resource for a specific software application or suite of applications. This includes providing mid-level and escalation support for other groups and working to resolve production issues in conjunction with development, operational, and architectural resources
- Properly record and track projects for capitalization
- Reduce liability to the company by:
- Ensure operational best practices are executed
- Ensure accuracy of data and reporting
- Provide material support for production issues which cannot be resolved by lower level support resources.
- Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical peers and customers to improve capabilities of lower level support resources.
- Works on one or more base work initiatives.
- May participate in planning short term efforts.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity.
- Identify operational problems by observing and studying system function and performance.
- May participate in contributing to process and automation improvements by working with appropriate resources.
- Follow established processes when performing work or help document and create processes as necessary.
- Document troubleshooting steps and results in appropriate locations for historical access.
- Handle new turn up requests and assist implementation in bringing new customers on board.
- Identify options for automation and work with appropriate peers to implement automation.
- Perform routine maintenance activity to ensure applications function properly.
- Identify potential application defects and work with developers to document and resolve such issues.
- Work with architectural and development resources to ensure proper support levels are available during and post updates.
- Provide on call support for high priority incidents.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Can effectively troubleshoot supported applications effectively.
- Can work on complex issues which may span multiple applications or environments.
- Proactively engages with peers to discuss issues and keep stakeholders updated.
- Service-oriented; ability to work on behalf of peers in services and development.
- Mentors co-workers with expertise
- Coordinates work with peers
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others within the team
- Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve systems and processes
- Able to work with little supervision and complete tasks and projects as directed.
- 4+ years of experience working within application or software support.
- 2+ years of experience working within public or private cloud environments.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Windows based environment including both production and personal systems.
- 4+ years communicating in English in a technical field.
- Experience working with WFO related software (WFM, QM, Etc...)
- Experience with SQL utilization, queries, etc...
- Experience working with call centers and call center infrastructure.
- Experience working with international customer base.
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone CXone, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions .
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity