Location: Remote, US
The Systems Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of high availability system deployments to support the product and network growth of the company. The Systems Architect must be able to gain a complete understanding of the business requirements, translate them into effective, testable, high availability designs and effectively deploy them to a production ready status. Duties will also include researching alternative design approaches when needed and conducting audits on a regular basis to ensure adherence to guidelines and processes.
As a Systems Architect, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Acts as an internal consultant role across the enterprise providing architectural perspective and vision, in addition to deep analysis and problem-solving where needed.
- Identifies important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, and evaluate their applicability and fit, as well as leading the definition of standards and best-practices for their use.
- Is able to provide hands-on application of technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems and training to other teams within the organization.
- May be required to function as a technical lead on projects of any size as necessary.
- Communicates detailed technical information in both written and verbal form across a wide range of audiences, including business stakeholders, users, developers, project management, and other architects.
- Collaborates with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop architectural solutions across the enterprise.
- Leads and/or facilitates the development of appropriate standards and best practices, in addition to the paths by which they may be achieved and monitored.
- Develops a sound understanding of existing systems and processes, their strengths and limitations, and the current and future needs of the environment in which they exist. Provides vision on how they may be improved and developed.
- Understands and explains the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or selection of solutions or products, including requirements definition, vendor and product evaluations.
- Acts as a local expert for areas of domain expertise.
- Acts as an escalation point for technical teams and provides hands on expertise.
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- MSCA, MCSE certifications preferred
- 10+ years in Windows Server Administration
- 10+ years installing/configuring server hardware and OS
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS, Mail, DNS
- Experience managing Storage Area Networks
- Experience using OS imaging software
- Solid foundation in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Experience working with Management Systems and SNMP
- Experience managing HP branded servers and SAN
- Solaris/Linux administration
- Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience managing VMware environment
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone CXone, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity