This is a contract position that is responsible for developing and maintaining software source code to support a solution under the supervision of an assigned technical lead. As a member of a development team, specific work direction will be given (most often from more senior software developers or assigned technical lead) and the incumbent will be expected to solve moderately complex technical issues and complete programming tasks with limited supervision.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably with complex, large-scale systems including strong experience in the tools, methodologies, and technologies the role supports.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
· Strong understanding of computer systems; experience in the tools, methodologies, and technologies the role supports is a plus
· The candidate should be capable of clear and accurate written communications, with
attention to detail
· Intermediate skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
· Must have a conceptual understanding of systems and subsystems
· Basic knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
· This job operates in a professional office environment
· To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
· Participate in the analysis of functional requirements
· Participate in the mapping of functional requirements to technical designs
· Provide estimates for development tasks
· Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
· Participate in code reviews
· Contribute to technical documentation
· Participate in the Problem Management process and fix defects
· Comply with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure all others are doing the same
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.