Senior Java Developer - Production Runtime Experience (PRX)
US-UT-Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Production Runtime Experience (PRX) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. PRX team apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, service management, capacity planning & monitoring. PRX drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology's runtime environment.
PRX team uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank's systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behavior of these complex systems.
An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in PRX. The individual will engage in full-stack development that may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
4-8 years of experience as Hands-on Java developer, with a good grasp of Java development and testing best practices
* Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems.
* Experience designing scalable and reliable systems with a focus on RESTful APIs
* Experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB or Elastic Search
* Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
* Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus, and influencing outcomes, strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Team player, eager to work in a global organization
* Bachelor's or a higher education degree in Computer Science
* Experience with Cloud platforms (such as Amazon's AWS or Google's GCE) is a plus
* Experience with using Spring framework to build Enterprise Java-based applications
* Experience or at least familiarity to operate in a Unix/Linux environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of using various SDLC tools such as Gradle, Maven, SVN, JIRA, etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.