The Software Dev 5 position is to design and implement a process workflow management system to oversee the acquisition, management, and distribution of historical data, records, and images. This workflow management system will also track legal contract data and permission rights enforcement. This system is the gatekeeper and central nervous system of vast data storage, including billions of records and images, comprising many Petabytes of data. Our industry-leading growth rate and uptime availability rate is made possible by building our products on cutting-edge technology, within a cloud computing and storage environment. This position requires in-depth knowledge of Java, REST Web Services, unit testing, databases, JSON, queues, and object data stores. This individual works with divine guidance to create and support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• 8+ years of industry recognized, progressive and relevant professional experience
• 3+ years of specialized experience in the technologies and methodologies of the product platform processes
• Prior experience in a software developer leadership role, leading a team (4+) through the first and subsequent releases of several (3+) successful products, at least one of which must be a large-scale enterprise application
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to create, communicate, and direct work toward accomplishing an overall technical vision
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and train peers
• Strong understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
• Ability to direct the work in defining logic and algorithms to create programming solutions and designing modules and implementing them within the overall architecture
• Significant engineering experience (multiple major releases) in the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system, e.g. interface, domain logic and database layers.
• Expert-level skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
• Able to architect entire systems and subsystems
• Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
• Leader of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
• Proven aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
• This job operates in a professional office environment
• To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
• Master's degree
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.