The Software Development Engineer 3 is an experienced professional who works independently on tasks and assignments from a Software Development Manager, a project technical lead, or the team. This position utilizes solid knowledge, skills, and abilities with technology and programming languages to analyze, design, program, debug, test, modify, and write documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of organization technology-related products, Internet applications, or information support systems. As a member of the broader software development group, the Software Development Engineer 3 works with minimal supervision and direction and is expected to utilize their experience, full understanding of industry practices, and knowledge of policies and procedures to exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems of a diverse scope. This position may also serve as the technical lead for a small team, a small to medium functional area, or for a short-term project.
• Contribute to and perform analysis of functional requirements
• Act as a technical lead when the technical lead is unavailable; mentor less-senior developers
• Create technical designs mapped to functional requirements
• Provide estimates for development tasks
• Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
• Participate in code reviews
• Contribute to technical documentation
• Participate in the Problem Management process and fix issues
• Implement measures, as designed, to comply with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure all others are doing the same
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of progressive and relevant professional experience
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
• Strong understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
• Solid base of learning and some experience in all the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system that may or may not be web based (e.g., interface domain logic and database layers)
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Strong skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
• Solid understanding of systems and subsystems
• Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
• Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
• Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
• This job operates in a professional office environment
• To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
• Experience with complex, large-scale systems including strong experience in the tools, methodologies, and technologies the role supports
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.