There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.Job Description
This can be a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
This is an opportunity that will continue to progress your business knowledge, technical ability, and leadership. This position will be responsible for performing strategic design projects and recommendations related to the Network Design team. Although this role will serve across Supply Chain, Warehousing and Logistics (SCWL), it will primarily focus on optimizing costs, customer improvements, product flow, maximizing inventory flows, and greenfield analysis.
This position will be responsible for managing and analyzing big data activities such as data sourcing, ETL support and running what-if simulations across SCWL. Additionally, this role will lead and support project development tasks, serve as a SME for SCWL's gold source data integration, and will work cross-functionally to ensure alignment and overall improvement recommendations to business owners.
Given the above, the candidate must have a proven track record of taking the initiative, dealing with ambiguit y, problem solving and leading change.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Network wide knowledge of transportation, demand and inventory planning, warehousing operations, order fulfillment, distribution, and supplier performance.
- Responsible for network engineering projects, generation of strategic cost savings using Llamasoft Design software, statistical analysis, and additional technical tools.
- Collaborate with IT and enterprise business owners to prioritize recommendations and opportunities in support of SCWL initiatives. This will entail leading system requirements and constraints, while balancing current vs future process improvements.
- Subject matter expert with procurement systems and large data sets to assist all cross-functional senior leadership in understanding and improving the overall CCA network.
- Lead and support the team in producing a sustainable "digital twin" representing CCA's Supply Chain to allow continuous simulations and improvements to the network.
- Expert in gathering and interpreting complex quantitative and qualitative data using statistical analysis methods, and able to develop tools for root causing and interpreting supply chain management processes
- Subject matter expert in Llamasoft tool and each of its modelling functions
- High technical experience in multiple programming languages such as Oracle, Python, Java etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in network design software, algorithms, and statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) across organizations and leadership levels
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Ability to collaborate within a global & cross-functional teams to leverage resources and knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or revalent experience
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or related fields (preferred)
- 5+ years of applicable work experience based on the above description (required)
- Knowledge of data mining/analytics, advanced programming, and tool creation (required)
- Ability to influence leadership with data to tell the story in recommending and implementing next gen supply Chain
5+years of Llamasoft data analytics/modeling and senior leader recommendations for building next gen supply chain
- Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $109,283
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.