Primary Location: 13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, US
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215640
Lead Software Engineer
This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside (in, near, within): Redwood City, CA.
The role of Lead Software Engineer isto lead a software development team. The individual will lead a group of developers to work on our CRM platform, applications and core technologies. The CRM platform is the foundation of our ServiceCRM system, and includes our application infrastructure, web services infrastructure, back-end integration, infrastructure management tooling, and more. Responsibilities include delivering enhancements and upgrades to the existing platform which meets the needs of our customers now and in the future.
The successful candidate will have lead experience of a small development team with strong, hands-on technologist with a BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, and 7+ years of software development experience.
* Lead a group of software developers and execute on a strategic systems and applications roadmap deliverables
* Develop and deliver platform and application enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
* Plan and deliver core technology upgrades for our CRM platform
* Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
* Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
* Bring creative solutions to the table
* BA/BS degree in related field and 7 years of related experience; MS with 5 years experience; Ph.D. with 2 years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
* Minimum 5 years Java development experience
* Minimum 1 year experience working in AWS environment
* Strong, hands-on technical track record
* Proven ability to lead a group of developers and deliver at all levels (application, infrastructure, and system architecture)
* Ability to communicate ideas, alternatives, and solutions
* Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
* Proven ability to be self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
* Comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Strong communication skills, self-direction, and solid problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering innovative platform solutions.
* Mobile and Tablet programming experience is a plus (Android, iOS).
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue... For full info follow application link.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.