Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The Software Developer position will be responsible for the development, implementation, and support of various proprietary applications utilized by both external and internal clients.
The Software Developer position will interface with clients, account management, application development, QA, and IM teams. This is an exciting position demanding a strong aptitude for application development and Software Development Life Cycles
Remote Candidates Welcome!
* Software developer on ColdFusion applications for 5+ years.
* Microsoft SQL Server or similar relational database expertise.
* Complex SQL query development and optimization, efficient table design.
* Technical and Functional writing skills.
* Knowledge of configuration and installation ColdFusion, Apache, Tomcat and ability to conduct environment shakeouts, start stop web server, knowledge of ColdFusion Admin.
* Apply business requirements analysis to develop software applications in a multiplatform, complex system environment.
* Reverse engineer application logic to develop documentation on existing system and business processes.
* Apply structured requirements and data modeling techniques and methods as part of the system development life cycle.
* Develop and maintain web applications in a multi-platform, complex system environment comprising or Linux and Windows Systems.
* Apply an understanding of Internet/Intranet architecture and user interface design principles.
* Perform software development research, design, and other assignments in conformance and coordination with business analysis, network engineering, desktop support, and customer specifications.
* Integrate appropriate IT security into the SDLC and provide IT security support.
* Integration of software and systems through database architecture and design.
* Provide or contribute to data design, metadata and repository creation.
* Translate business needs into long-term database architecture solutions.
* Assist in the definition and design of relational databases.
* Develop and maintain appropriate programs, stored procedures, scripts and systems documentation.
* Production database and associated system support.
* Develop and write functional requirements to automate business processes.
* Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently
* 5+ years of experience
* Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Must have excellent customer service skills
* Must... For full info follow application link.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.