*****INTERNAL POSTING WILL BE UP UNTIL 6/15*****
The Research Analyst will extract, compile, and analyze data to support the production of institutional data reports (e.g., enrollment, instructional activity etc). They will design, conduct, and report results of ad hoc research and analytical studies supporting academic and administrative planning, policy formulation, and evaluation. They will also develop and maintain electronic data files supporting special analytical studies, compliance reports, and data exchanges. Under the leadership and guidance of the Director of Institutional Research, they will respond to and prioritize multiple data requests.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Expertise in understanding, manipulating and querying large data sets with complex file structures.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with descriptive and inferential statistics
• Experience and success with creative problem solving particularly with respect to innovative data applications.
• Conduct the analyses of data related to educational program evaluation and institutional research used for accreditation and ongoing institutional improvement
• Experience with qualitative research analysis, methodologies and best practices
• Analyzes survey results data, including frequencies, cross tabulations, means tables
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
• Demonstrable experience and skills in MS Office applications
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with SAS, SPSS, Stata, or other recognized statistical software
• Proficient analytical skill set and experience with creating, cleaning, and analyzing large data sets.
• Masters Degree required
• A minimum of three years’ experience with databases, statistical software, or other high level computer skills
• Experience in designing, organizing, and managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and with meeting deadlines.