The Opportunity | Senior Systems Engineer Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiativesYour Challenge
- Provide system architecture definition based on required functionality.
- Develop and maintain system requirement specifications and system interface design documents, i.e.. ICDs, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, V&V matrix, and support the development of SOW and Specifictaion documents.
- Participate in all system and subsystem hardware and hardware/software integration and acceptance testing.
- Support development for system, hardware and software requirements and design to assure system requirements are met.
- Perform/coordinate various analyses in support of detailed design of components, major assemblies, software and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 6 years of System Engineering experience, preferably in the aerospace & defense industry
- Understanding of release process, product flow charts, and concurrent engineering principals and methodology. Strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and understanding of MS Office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- A team player, cooperative, a person who easily gains trust and supports peers
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. #LI-LO1, #IND
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled